Life and Protection Sales Advisor - Blackburn
Our client is an established Financial Services Provider who has a breadth and depth of resource across a wide range of insurance disciplines. They are a fast paced and successful business who is continuously looking to the future, and are looking to add a Life and Protection Sales Consultant to their growing team.
The Life and Protection Sales Advisor will provide options to clients in order for them to purchase appropriate protection packages to suit their individual needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide information and educate clients to improve awareness of ways to ensure financial security in circumstances which include; surviving a defined critical illness, income protection during long term absence from work (sickness, injury, and disability), death of a family member.
• Research the market to provide the best options to cover these potential events in order to ensure financial stability for dependents.
• Work with clients to ensure all paperwork for applications is submitted and processed correctly.
• Ensure all updates are made to relevant software following sales.
• Chase up the underwriting with Life Quote and other providers to ensure processes are completed in a timely manner.
• Chase up access to medical records with clients when required to aid the process.
• Pre-populate and process Trust forms when required to further protect benefits on death (this could move to an administrator’s task if sales increase).
• Follow up on missed premiums and cancelled policies to minimize and claw back commissions paid. Reinstate or sell alternative plan.
• Following a decision from underwriters, act as the liaison with the client to discuss the outcome and the start date. In non-standard or unsuitable cases discuss with clients and or provide alternative rated quotes, to meet their requirements.
• When a decision is made by the underwriters, I liaise with the clients to if everything is accepted on standard terms. If decision is non-standard and not suitable I discuss this with the client Create opportunities whenever available and covert warm leads into sales.
• Provide information in accordance with sound understanding of underwriting.
• Create leads for other departments. Cross sell.
• Remain compliant with FCA and act in a professional manner.
• Build and maintain relationships with clients from inception to completion of sale.
• Work to targets and provide sales statistics on a weekly basis to managers.
If this role sounds right for you, then please apply today or contact Jennifer at Square Peg Associates.