Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant - Middleton
Our award winning and continually growing manufacturing company based in Middleton is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant to join their accounts team.
The role is full time, permanent working Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm with a salary bracket of 19-24k per annum.(dependent upon experience)
This is a really exciting opportunity to further develop your career within finance, we are looking for someone who is hardworking, diligent with a spark to them.
Key responsibilities for the Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant:
• Process purchase invoices and expenses onto the accounting system - Sage Line 50
• Sending sales invoices to clients and deal with any related queries
• Reconciling receipts against sales invoices
• Keeping track of stock invoices costs and receipts
• Processing bank reconciliations and making adjustments where necessary
• Assist in the month end process - preparing accruals and prepayments journals
• Assist in credit control duties, chasing outstanding payments
• Use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• General bookkeeping and accounts administration duties
Ideally, you would have worked within an accounts office of a Manufacturing / Wholesale / Distribution company although not essential if you have good transactional accounting experience.
Skills and experience:
A minimum of AAT Level 2 with approximately 3-4 years hands on experience of accounts OR QBE - Qualified by Experience
Experience of purchase ledger and sales ledger is essential
Strong attention to detail is essential
Use of Sage Line 50 and Excel is essential
There is plenty of potential to learn and develop your skills, experience and accounting knowledge within this company. We are looking for someone who cares about their career and wants to deliver a dedicated service.
Please apply to Suzanne at Square Peg Associates for immediate consideration and to hear more about the role and company.