Junior Merchandiser - Stretford
Junior Merchandiser / Assistant Merchandiser / Graduate
Salary: £18 - £20k per annum
Over 30 years of having success within clothing and accessories , our client is looking for a Junior Merchandiser or a Graduate level Merchandiser to join their team. This would be an excellent way to expand your merchandising knowledge or kick start your career within clothing and apparel.
A basic understanding of the clothing structure is a distinct advantage, for example, what are: lining, interface, inner pockets, trims, dye, lab dips; etc. this knowledge will assist with dealing with queries and sending out relevant samples to customers and factories.
The role will be packed with variety where no two days are the same. You must be adaptable to change and flexible in your approach as your role will involve tracking orders, helping the team to manage the critical path by chasing supplies, invoices, documents and shipments as well as conducting research. You will also assist on photo shoots for which a car/driving licence would be necessary.
Most of all for this role, we are looking for the right attitude to learn, develop and be a team player with fantastic interpersonal and communication skills.
As a Junior Merchandiser you should have the relevant experience:
• Good at building strong relationships with the manufacturers, suppliers and customers
• Have experience within a similar role or studied Merchandising at College or University
• A high level of communication skills are required to succeed in this position
• You should thrive off solving problems
• Be able to work well under pressure
• Good all round IT and Administration skills - use of Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
• Have a current driving licence and own vehicle
Package: Holidays, pension, free secure onsite parking + vast staff discounts.
Should you wish to apply for this fantastic position and become an integral part of a well known brand then please forward an up to date CV in confidence to Suzanne or Jenni at Square Peg Associates.