Accounts Assistant - Bolton
Our client, a forward thinking accountancy practice, is currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their upbeat team in Bolton.
Your role will cover for the following duties:
- Undertaking bookkeeping duties including purchase ledger, sales ledger and possible credit control for clients
- Completing bank account reconciliations
- Understanding VAT requirements, concepts and calculations
- Assisting in preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Understanding and applying the rules of double entry bookkeeping in all respects
- Implementation and management of efficient bookkeeping processes
- Auto enrolment and associated compliance
- Understanding of how to compile management accounts
- Developing working relationships with clients
- General administration tasks, including filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Develop an understanding of the Firm's methods and standards of work required
- Preparation of tax returns and compliance
You will ideally need to have a minimum 2 years’ experience in a bookkeeping / accounts assistant role and have used SAGE and Xero.
The ideal candidate will need to show enthusiasm, have strong computer skills and have very good written and oral communication skills.
The role comes with excellent company benefits. 30 days holidays including Bank Holidays, Pension after 6 months and contribution to Healthcare plan, duvet days & can purchase extra holidays.
Please apply today or contact Jennifer Jones for immediate consideration.
Europa House, Barcroft Street
Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
0161 464 8551
We'd love to meet you, please contact us.