Seafreight Import Clerk - Manchester
Salary: 25-30k per annum
Our client is a well-established Freight forwarder offering world-wide import & export services.
They are looking for a Seafreight Import Clerk to support the administration and customer service element of their logistics offering.
We are looking for previous experience of Sea / Ocean / Air / European freight / Logistics background who is very customer focussed.
• Taking bookings for FCL and LCL shipments
• Complete import / export documentation
• Handle and process customs clearance
• Organising deliveries and scanning relevant paperwork
• Account manage key customers
• Liaise directly with suppliers and overseas agents
• Negotiate rates with suppliers
This is a really grounded, down to earth team who work extremely hard. They are process driven though have lots of fun and banter also!
You would become part of a fab team!
You must have the relevant Logistics background, particularly in Sea Freight ideally. If you have transferable skills within Logistics,
we would still welcome your application.
For the Seafreight Import Clerk you will need:
• Sea / Air Freight & Import experience preferably
• Must be an excellent communicator
• Microsoft Word & Excel skills are essential
• Import documentation
Please apply to Square Peg now for immediate consideration.