This privacy notice describes how Square Peg Associates Ltd protects and makes use of the information you provide when you use our website (www.squarepegassociates.co.uk), any other on- line platform or directly to a member of the Square Peg Associate team and to demonstrate compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time.
Square Peg Associates Ltd respects the privacy of visitors to our website and protecting your information and rights as you visit the website and indeed as you share your information with us via any means. If you are asked to provide information via the contact or applications forms, when using this website, or via other means, it will only be used in the ways described in this privacy notice and in relation to the purpose of our business.
We are in the business of providing recruitment services to businesses and helping candidates find their next job. Our Privacy notice is intended to inform you of how we use the information that you provide to deliver those services.
To sustain our business and provide products and services, it is essential that we collect certain information about our customers and candidates. The information that we collect informs our business planning and allows us to provide services and products that are tailored to meet the requirements of the site users/customers.
We have appointed Suzanne Edmonds as our lead Data Protection Officer. They have overall responsibility for monitoring this privacy notice and to ensure effective implementation.
The main reasons for collecting data from applicants, candidates and clients is to ensure that we are delivering the services that are specific to you and help us to deliver improved services, this raising quality.
As part of our information gathering from applicants and candidates and to assist in matching you to your next role, our we may collect the following information from candidates, applicants and (potential) clients. This list is not exhaustive.
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Diversity information – racial/ethnic origin, religious or other similar beliefs and physical or mental health, including disability-related information
- Details of any criminal convictions if this is required for the role that you are interested in applying for.
- Marital status
- Contact details – Your e-mail address/Your home address/Mobile number
- Education details
- Employment history
- Emergency contact details
- Referee details
- Nationality/Immigration status
- Copy of driving licence
- National Insurance number (e.g. for payroll for temporary workers)
- Salary & benefit package
- Information about your interests, requirements to assist us in matching you to the right role
- Any further information you choose to tell us
- Demographic information
- How often visitors spend on specific pages and how often pages are visited
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information relating to special offers and surveys
Where a candidate or temporary worker provides us with referee or next of kin information we are purely processing this and storing it for completing our job or for emergency reasons.
For Clients and Suppliers, we capture information to ensure we can provide the best service we possibly can.
When we supply a Candidates/Temporary Workers information to a Client we expect them to protect the data in the same way as they work within the GDPR rules also. In the instance of Suppliers, it may be individual’s details or bank details to pay of the products or services you provide.
What are the purposes for collecting my data?
Personal data is collected from you to assist us in finding permanent or temporary work that may be suitable for you.
If you make use of our contact form, we will use the data you provided to stay in touch with you and service your request.
If you fill in a request to be kept informed by us, we will collect your details to periodically provide you with updates on developments regarding recruitment, and Square Peg Associates Ltd.
You may unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists/NPS customer service at any point by simply clicking on the link included in the communication, or by visiting the website and sending a new contact request with the words unsubscribe in the text field.
How we collect information
Directly from You
Candidates and Applicants
There are numerous ways you can share your information with us. It all depends on what suits you. These may include
- Leaving a hard copy CV at one of our events or an event we both attend i.e. networking
- Emailing your CV to a Square Peg Consultant or being interviewed by them;
- Entering a competition through a social media channel such as Facebook or Twitter.
We both passionate about the same goal and that is to make sure that you have the best staff for your organisation. We will receive data directly from you in two ways:
- Where you contact us proactively, usually by phone, social media or email; and/or
- Where we contact you, either by phone, social media or email, or through our consultants’ business development activities more generally.
Applicants and Candidates
For Applicants and Candidates for advertised roles, we will collect your information, directly from you, via the application form on our website.
We also gather information using Cookies. See section below.
Clients and Suppliers
We may collect your relevant information directly from you, via the website contact forms, should you choose to contact us via this media.
From Third Parties
Examples of how we may collect or receive your information are:
- Searching for potential Candidate from third party sources, such as LinkedIn and other job sites;
- By engaging with our Facebook Page via a “like” or comment and in the same way through following Square Peg Associates on Twitter we will receive your personal information from those sites.
This list is not exhaustive.
Where appropriate and in accordance with any local laws and requirements, we may seek more information about you or your colleagues from other sources generally by way of due diligence or other market intelligence including:
- From third party market research and by analysing online and offline media
- From delegate lists at relevant events: and
- From other limited sources and third parties (for example from our Candidates to the extent that they provide us with your details to act as a referee for them).
Specifically, we use performance cookies to:
- Provide Web analytics: anonymous statistics on how our Web site is used
- Error management: Help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur.
Some of our performance cookies may be managed for us by third parties. However, we don’t allow
the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
By using our site, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition
of using the Website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Please note that Cookies DO NOT in any way allow our systems to penetrate your own devices. The information taken is only the information that you the user chooses to share with us.
All Websites which operate across certain parts of the European Union are required to obtain consent using or storing cookies (or similar technologies) on your computers or mobile device.
How to delete and block our cookies
Changing your cookie settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are
usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser.
To understand these settings, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more
Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers.
Storage of Your Information & Direct E-Mail
Our website and Customer Management System is connected to our own Internal Vacancy Management System, which allows us to store data which is key to driving the business forward as well as meeting the requirements of our client and candidates.
All outsourced software providers are verified as compliant with the GDPR 2018.
When clients fill in data forms on our webpage the information is sent directly to our Vacancy Management systems allowing us to process the data and send out relevant information to you.
However, you do have the choice whether to receive such emails, as by law we have to offer an opt in
/opt out system.
Opting in or Out
Customers are provided with the opportunity to unsubscribe from our email database. You can simply let us know by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the email that you received, and this allows us to amend your preferences and you will instantly stop receiving emails from us.
- Email us at email@example.com
Will any of my data be given to third parties?
The only time we will share your data on to third parties is with a client. By doing this we are improving your chances of securing a role with them.
We do not send your information to a client without first gaining your permission.
We ensure that all clients meet the EU GDPR Regulations 2018 and will therefore receive, manage and process your information in the correct manner.
Square Peg Associates Ltd does not sell your data to third parties, nor will Square Peg Associates Ltd provide your data to third parties, unless obligated by law, for instance in case of a lawful request by law enforcement authorities.
For how long will my data be kept?
Square Peg Associates Ltd will save your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided.
Our contact page will offer you the possibility to unsubscribe, after which your data will be deleted
from our systems unless you are a “live” contact.
In the case of the contact form, after we have serviced your request, your data will be kept for a maximum of two years for analytic purposes.
Client personal information will be deleted two years after the contract has ended. For HMRC pay purposes, data will be kept for up to six years.
Will my data be secure?
We value your privacy. Square Peg Associates Ltd has therefore taken organisational and technical measures to protect your data from theft, loss or any kind of use that is not in line with the purposes for which the data was collected.
All personal information is protected through secured networks and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. All authorised personal are required to keep the information confidential. Furthermore, all sensitive data including credit information is encrypted by our managed service via Secure Socket Layer technology. (SSL)
Where can I file a request to access, rectify, port or remove my data?
If you wish to access your data that is processed through this Website, you can send a request by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For us to make sure that you are who you say you are, we ask you to attach a photocopy of your ID to your request.
Following your request for access, you can request rectification, port or removal of your data. This can be requested if:
- The personal data is incorrect;
- The personal data is incomplete or not relevant to the specific purpose for which it was collected;
- The personal data is used in violation of the law.
Square Peg Associates Ltd will answer your request within a reasonable timescale.